Factory Management System
Factory Management System (FMS) is a computerised management and manufacturing system that automates distribution of work, from detailers to production managers through to the factory floor.
All areas of the factory including picking timber, cutting components and assembling products can be set up as a “Station” where all manufacturing data is available on screen for the worker to select, cut and produce trusses and wall frames.
FMS is a paperless system that operates from a database and feeds live information to each manufacturing station and back to the production manager for instant work place updates through to detailed reports.
FeaturesFactory Management System (FMS) has many parts to it this allows each truss plant to use the system in any way that suits their requirements. But the following is recommended based on the functions of the system: -
Function 1: The ability for a truss plant to operate without any paperwork
- Almost all factory paperwork can be removed when using FMS, each station shows both text details and a graphic display of the work required to be produced (just as the paperwork does now)
- Eliminates the chance of cutting and manufacturing sheets being lost or misplaced (therefore all trusses should be produced - none missed)
Function 2: The ability to control truss plant productivity and workflow
- Set and determine truss plant production scheduling
- Monitor factory performance
- Review and update factory and truss costings
Function 3: The information provided to Factory WorkersFactory workers have complete access to all data and details for the job at each station, available in both text and graphic formats. This is much more than what is currently available via a paper system.
The controller can also 'Automatically' allocate work and sort the priorities of the work for each station based on truss type, spans and heights. This will save time for the controller when allocating jobs to the jigs.